• Testimonials

• TRIFECTA Performance
    TRIFECTA Performance

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu 2.5L (LCV/LKW) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu (LCV/LKW) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu LCV/LKW engine and corresponding 6T40 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu 2.5L LCV/LWK MY2013+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield gains of +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM (Peak vs peak gains of +1 ft-lbs and +6 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW) MY2013+.

View this product in our Store!

gallery_1_88_251025.png

gallery_1_88_133111.png

gallery_1_88_246335.png

gallery_1_88_279598.png

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013+ 2.5 (LCV/LKW) ECM software reprogramming:

-Gains of +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM under the curve (Peak vs peak gains of +1ft-lb and +6 WHP)

-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality

-Power feels linear and immediately responsive (improved drivability and throttle attentiveness)

-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality

-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality

-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant

-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems

-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained

-The TRIFECTA flash loader and Transparency featureset does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history

-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu 6T40 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T40 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance

-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns

-Improved shift logic (improved drivability)

-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements

-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality

-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality

-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Supplimentary Featureset of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013+ 2.5 (LCV/LKW) powertrain calibration software reprogramming:

-*Under Development!* TRIFECTA Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode (Select-a-Tune MKI; NEW! Toggle between Tour and Stock mode via the Cruise Control arm states. (CC Armed = Stock / CC Disarmed = Tour)

-Up to 3.5 MPG improvement by prioritizing fuel economy in engine calibration profile and transmission shift strategy

-Alternative Driver Profiles layout included with individualized calibration (OPTIONAL): Allows on the fly Driver Profile switching back to OE settings/profile (Select-a-Tune MKI can allows the driver to select between the calibrated and stock drive experience and power output)

-TRIFECTA Octane Adaptive MKII featureset will bias for lower octane fuels (multi dimensional airflow knock and timing decay tables, not just high/low)

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes

-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

2.5 LKW dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu with a 2.5 LKW engine) - stock wheels/tires

gallery_1_88_335024.png

Additional information and availability:

- This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device

- Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow

- The TRIFECTA Advantage Calibration is designed for a 100% stock vehicle. Any aftermarket hardware designed to work on a stock vehicle may work without issue, but there is no official support for it with this calibration.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have had this tune on my 2013 Chevy Malibu for several weeks now.  All I can say is WOW!!!  This tune and transmission tune is outstanding.  You literally have to retrain yourself on how to drive the car because it is so responsive now.  I love it and it's so much faster now.  I do have the K&N CAI for this car installed but stock exhaust.  I run 93 octane.  The car is so much more fun to drive now...it is hard to explain unless you have a Malibu and then install the tune and drive it.  You will experience an incredible change and it will put a huge smile on your face!

Share this comment

Been running this tune for a few weeks now and have put a ton of miles on it and this tune is amazing! Throttle is so responsive and top end power pulls strong. Bottom end also feels great as well, absolutely love the tune!

Also have the K&N CAI installed.

Share this comment

*Update*

2500 miles later - Still works like a charm, but I would like to see the tune off/tune on feature via the cruise control button. I have noticed a few small issues where the car bogs down in low gear (like it should be in 5th and not 6th) and if I give a little more gas, it will downshift atleast 2 gears at 6k+ rpm, doesn't happen a lot but when it does its very unexpected.

Had a similar thing going on, flashed it back to stock, drove it a bit, then reflashed the tune back on it and its been working flawless ever since!

Share this comment

I have a 2014 Maibu LTZ with the 2.5 engine. Being LTZ it has factory dual exhaust, and I installed a K&N Typhoon cold air intake on it. Before the Trifecta tune I was pretty happy with the car, it was a family sedan with teeth, after it feels like a sports car in a sedan body. The soft shifting has changed to snaps. The shift points are very agressive in moderate acceleration, if floored the shfit points are long and mean. It is fantastic! Better than I expected. It feels like a different car.

A friend of mine traded his Corvette in for a Jaguar F-type R and he was amazed with my Malibu. He actually thinks the shifting on my malibu is nicer than his $100K F-type. Obviously I don't come even close to him in just about everything else, but this friend was VERY impressed with what the Trifecta did to my "family car".

Share this comment

Just received my software and uploaded the tune. Feels way better than stock. I am one happy customer.

Share this comment