• Testimonials

• TRIFECTA Performance
    TRIFECTA Performance

TRIFECTA: SUPERCHARGED Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon (in progress; May 1st 2015)

TRIFECTA presents: Supercharged MY2015+ Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 LFX / MY2015+ GMC Canyon 3.6 LFX Supercharger Powerkit (in progress as of May 2015)

This release post is a presentation of the engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents an integral supercharger powerkit (TXX in progress) for the MY2015+ Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 LFX / MY2015+ GMC Canyon 3.6 LFX. Specific power gains of +124 ft-lbs and +160 WHP and 2 seconds faster in the 1/4mi on a completely stock GMC Canyon LFX 3.6 MY2015.

[vimeomp4=126879652.hd.mp4]1f839596541a26212b43b5eeec911563[/vimeomp4]

[vimeonoauto=126885352.hd.mp4]c924cf4e3d39515d6f87b6265f31688a[/vimeonoauto]

gallery_1_88_257338.jpg

gallery_1_88_5809.jpg

gallery_1_88_59696.jpg

gallery_1_88_101407.jpg

gallery_1_88_59749.jpg

Design parameters (and specifications) of the TRIFECTA MY2015+ Chevrolet Colorado 3.6 LFX / MY2015+ GMC Canyon 3.6 LFX supercharger powerkit and corresponding ECM software reprogramming:

-Power specifications TBA, pending testing and validation (in progress as of May 1st, 2015)

-Vortech V2 Si / (V2 Ti optional) supercharger head unit (Vortech V7 and V3 TBA)

-Supercharger bracket CNC machined from 7075-T6

-High efficiency bar and plate air to air intercooler

-Optimum belt wrap around the supercharger pulley, >190 degrees of belt wrap

-Belt routing reuses the OE accessories, retains use of OE harmonic balancer

-Does not interfere with Air Conditioning system performance

-Retains the OE catalytic converters and maintains emissions readiness

-No cutting or splicing of any OE wiring; adapter and extension harnesses are included

-Retains the OE PCV system; maintains emissions readiness

-Fits under the stock hood

-Retains the OE belt tensioner for extended belt lifespan and engine accessory lifespan

-Idler pulley design utilizes 76mm idler pulley diameter and severe duty rated ceramic ball bearings for increased belt life and idler pulley longevity

-Designed to be silent and reliable: without increased interior NVH during vehicle operation

-Includes an aFe Pro Dry S synthetic media high air filer (K&N filter optional)

-Utilizes a Turbosmart recirculating bypass valve for accuracy of metered air

-Proprietary TRIFECTA 3.5bar operating system maintains accuracy of the metered air and air pressure to 3.5bar

-Powertrain calibration divergent environment testing and validation, such as cold/heat and elevation is currently in progress (as of May 2015)

-Validation process includes minimum testing of 100,000+ miles with 100+ hrs of wide open throttle testing (in progress as of May 2015)

-Severe duty cycle testing is currently in progress (towing capacity)

-Installation requires front bumper removal (intercooler installation)

-Does not require lift for installation

-No cutting, splicing, or soldering of OE wiring; adapter harnesses are included: OE plugs

-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

3.6 LFX SC dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2015 GMC Canyon CrewCab 2LT with a 3.6 SUPERCHARGED LFX engine) - stock wheels/tires:

gallery_1_88_188010.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please Contact Us for more information

-This supercharger powerkit and corresponding powertrain calibration will be available exclusively through TRIFECTA Performance and WOT-tuning; (as of May 1st 2015): wholesale inquiries are welcome provided that you are an existing and active TRIFECTA retailer

-Pricing and availability TBA

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm interested to hear where this project ended up.  Has development concluded or been shelved? 

Share this comment