Click or hover over image to zoom in

2011--2015 Chevrolet Cruze / 2016 Cruze Limited - 1.4L Turbo - Advantage

(63 reviews)
$449.00
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011--2016 Cruze Limited Calibration
TRIFECTA is pleased to offer our 2011--2015 Chevrolet Cruze and 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Limited performance calibration product!
Having pioneered tuning for the Cruze when it was released in 2011, and having owned and modified multiple Cruzes, we along with our customers have enjoyed, cumulatively, potentially millions of miles with our calibration in various different environments across the world.
Beyond just writing software, we also maintain and modify our own development vehicles:

These cars are used to develop our finished products via a combination of long-term street and dyno tuning, and are also used to ensure we can support any of the many available aftermarket parts for the Cruze. From intake and exhaust components, injectors, intercoolers, and aftermarket turbos, we test it all and validate our calibrations before they reach our customers vehicles. This method ensures the quality and reliability of our products, and allows us to offer competitive pricing no matter the complexity of a build.  We are dedicated to offering the highest level of service and support to all of our customers, before and especially long after the sale.
With our TRIFECTA Performance calibration, your Cruze will respond much more quickly to accelerator input, and automatic transmission shift patterns are optimized for maximum performance and responsiveness. During "everyday" driving maneuvers, the vehicle feels very much like it did from the factory, but rolling into the pedal quickly reveals a vehicle that wants to GO. Attentive, but without being "twitchy", power delivery is linear and transmission shifts are purposeful.
Key features of our product are:
Driver Selectable Vehicle Modes (“DSVM”):
TRIFECTA exclusively offers the ability to change between an “ECO” and a “Sport” driving mode, on the fly, via the arming state of the Cruise Control system.
Sport mode offers aggressive pedal response, more progressive downshifts, extended shift points, and maximizes power output. ECO mode offers economy-centric pedal response and shift points, and commands stock power levels when the Cruise Control system is Armed (but not necessarily engaged). Customers can optionally request a calibration that is ONLY Sport mode, or ONLY ECO mode to suit their needs.
No-Lift-Shift (Manual Transmission):
For vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, No-Lift-Shift allows the driver to quickly execute a shift without lifting their foot off the accelerator pedal.  This allows the turbocharger to continue making boost, thus maintaining power through the shift.
Automatic Transmission Recalibration:
In ECO mode, our transmission calibration provides smoother shifting and improved shift times while maintaining shift points optimized for fuel economy.
In Sport mode, upshifts are more purposeful, and precisely timed progressive downshifts enable a more sporty feel while remaining closer to the correct gear for more of the time for quick transitions to sporty driving.
Power and Performance:
Our calibration offers a reliable gain in power of up to +51 ft-lbs and +44 whp peak power on a totally stock Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T (LUJ/LUV).
1.4T (LUV) dyno graph(on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T) - stock wheels/tires:

Telemetry-proven gains in acceleration
Using professional grade industry-standard telemetry equipment, TRIFECTA has also established proven gains of up to 2.25 seconds in 0-60MPH acceleration times versus the factory calibration through power gains, throttle ramp rates, and shift schedule optimization.

Quarter mile times improve by 1.41 seconds and 7mph vs stock, illustrating the cars broader powerband and ability to maintain that power up to highway speeds from a stop.

Other Software Enhancements:
Enhanced octane adaptation constructs (including additional knock zones) which allow for more precise control over how the ECM responds to changes in octane bias - a bad tank of gas or adverse resonance from aftermarket components will be more readily identified. Added airflow-based constructs to account for adverse environmental conditions, especially when alternative fuels are used or an aftermarket turbocharger is installed.  This results in less reactive and more proactive changes in boost control. Thorough calibration of the ECM’s Virtual Torque Model - The torque model determines how much torque the ECM thinks the engine is making, and must be as correct as possible. TRIFECTA ECP.MK2 (Hybrid Speed Density) support and constructs added to enable support of modifications such as vent-to-atmosphere valves by mitigating transient fueling changes especially between shifts. TRIFECTA Advantage:
If your car is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our "canned" tune. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Additional information:
This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable, which requires a Windows Laptop. Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required. Advertised gains are quoted as 'up to' and may be less for a vehicle operated at altitudes higher than near sea level. Powertrain calibrations currently exist for all global variants of the Chevrolet Cruze with the LUJ/LUV engine. Automotive Press:
Autoguide - TRIFECTA Performance Gives us a Reason to Want a Chevrolet Cruze

Read more...

Need help? Have a question for us?

Contact Us

• 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number.

Must be exactly 17 digits, 9th digit must be 0--9 or 'X', and cannot contain characters 'I', 'O', or 'Q'.

We recommend acquiring the VIN directly from the vehicle's VIN Plaque on the dash, or the certification label in the door jamb since insurance and service documents are sometimes incorrect.

• Please contact support prior to purchasing if you have any questions: Contact Us

• Support is not officially provided for aftermarket hardware with this calibration, however many hardware components which would normally work without any specific adjustment on the factory calibration may be automatically compatible.

Examples include:

-Most Exhaust components

-Recirculated turbo bypass valves

-Most brand name intakes (ONLY with any included resonator/venturi designed to prevent the intake from setting any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes).

If you are not sure whether your hardware is compatible with TRIFECTA Advantage, please Contact Us for assistance!

About 2011--2015 Chevrolet Cruze / 2016 Cruze Limited - 1.4L Turbo - Advantage

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011--2016 Cruze Limited Calibration

TRIFECTA is pleased to offer our 2011--2015 Chevrolet Cruze and 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Limited performance calibration product!

Having pioneered tuning for the Cruze when it was released in 2011, and having owned and modified multiple Cruzes, we along with our customers have enjoyed, cumulatively, potentially millions of miles with our calibration in various different environments across the world.

Beyond just writing software, we also maintain and modify our own development vehicles:

image.jpeg

These cars are used to develop our finished products via a combination of long-term street and dyno tuning, and are also used to ensure we can support any of the many available aftermarket parts for the Cruze. From intake and exhaust components, injectors, intercoolers, and aftermarket turbos, we test it all and validate our calibrations before they reach our customers vehicles. This method ensures the quality and reliability of our products, and allows us to offer competitive pricing no matter the complexity of a build.  We are dedicated to offering the highest level of service and support to all of our customers, before and especially long after the sale.

With our TRIFECTA Performance calibration, your Cruze will respond much more quickly to accelerator input, and automatic transmission shift patterns are optimized for maximum performance and responsiveness. During "everyday" driving maneuvers, the vehicle feels very much like it did from the factory, but rolling into the pedal quickly reveals a vehicle that wants to GO. Attentive, but without being "twitchy", power delivery is linear and transmission shifts are purposeful.

Key features of our product are:

Driver Selectable Vehicle Modes (“DSVM”):

TRIFECTA exclusively offers the ability to change between an “ECO” and a “Sport” driving mode, on the fly, via the arming state of the Cruise Control system.

• Sport mode offers aggressive pedal response, more progressive downshifts, extended shift points, and maximizes power output.
  • ECO mode offers economy-centric pedal response and shift points, and commands stock power levels when the Cruise Control system is Armed (but not necessarily engaged).

Customers can optionally request a calibration that is ONLY Sport mode, or ONLY ECO mode to suit their needs.

No-Lift-Shift (Manual Transmission):

For vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, No-Lift-Shift allows the driver to quickly execute a shift without lifting their foot off the accelerator pedal.  This allows the turbocharger to continue making boost, thus maintaining power through the shift.

Automatic Transmission Recalibration:

In ECO mode, our transmission calibration provides smoother shifting and improved shift times while maintaining shift points optimized for fuel economy.

In Sport mode, upshifts are more purposeful, and precisely timed progressive downshifts enable a more sporty feel while remaining closer to the correct gear for more of the time for quick transitions to sporty driving.

Power and Performance:

Our calibration offers a reliable gain in power of up to +51 ft-lbs and +44 whp peak power on a totally stock Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T (LUJ/LUV).

1.4T (LUV) dyno graph(on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T) - stock wheels/tires:

image.jpeg

Telemetry-proven gains in acceleration

Using professional grade industry-standard telemetry equipment, TRIFECTA has also established proven gains of up to 2.25 seconds in 0-60MPH acceleration times versus the factory calibration through power gains, throttle ramp rates, and shift schedule optimization.

image.jpeg

Quarter mile times improve by 1.41 seconds and 7mph vs stock, illustrating the cars broader powerband and ability to maintain that power up to highway speeds from a stop.

image.jpeg

Other Software Enhancements:

• Enhanced octane adaptation constructs (including additional knock zones) which allow for more precise control over how the ECM responds to changes in octane bias - a bad tank of gas or adverse resonance from aftermarket components will be more readily identified.
  • Added airflow-based constructs to account for adverse environmental conditions, especially when alternative fuels are used or an aftermarket turbocharger is installed.  This results in less reactive and more proactive changes in boost control.
  • Thorough calibration of the ECM’s Virtual Torque Model - The torque model determines how much torque the ECM thinks the engine is making, and must be as correct as possible.
  • TRIFECTA ECP.MK2 (Hybrid Speed Density) support and constructs added to enable support of modifications such as vent-to-atmosphere valves by mitigating transient fueling changes especially between shifts.

TRIFECTA Advantage:

If your car is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our "canned" tune. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Additional information:

• This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable, which requires a Windows Laptop.
  • Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required.
  • Advertised gains are quoted as 'up to' and may be less for a vehicle operated at altitudes higher than near sea level.
  • Powertrain calibrations currently exist for all global variants of the Chevrolet Cruze with the LUJ/LUV engine.

Automotive Press:

Autoguide - TRIFECTA Performance Gives us a Reason to Want a Chevrolet Cruze

Shipping Options

Shipping options and prices may vary depending on the total value of your order. Your final shipping price will be determined at checkout.

Options shown are based on your estimated location.

• $20.00 - Ground (1-5 days)
  • $65.00 - 2nd Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (2 business days)
  • $115.00 - Next Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (1 business day)
  • FREE - I already own a Black TRIFECTA EZ Flash cable. (Cable must have TRIFECTA logo sticker. Black Cable ONLY. )

Shipping Size

• Size
    8.69 in × 5.44 in × 1.75 in
  • Weight
    1 lb

Parker Adzema

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I bought this calibration to fix the janky shifting of my stock Chevy Cruze. I was extremely pleased to find the tune completely smoothed out the shifting and the car feels much more comfortable. The car no longer hesitates when changing from low to high speed or high to low speed and does not throw me forward in my seat. To add to this, the performance gains are much higher than I expected them to be. My Cruze feels like a completely different car. I have no idea why the stock tune on the Chevy Cruze was so bad but trifecta did a wonderful job fixing it. The tune was very easy to install and only took a couple of minutes. Trifecta support was extremely helpful and always answered my questions completely in an incredibly fast manner. While I cannot speak to the quality of the other tunes, I can say Trifecta is an incredibly easy and professional company to work with that made this process go very smoothly. 300 dollars is certainly a lot of money to spend on a Chevy Cruze but I can say with confidence it is worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a decent amount of time. Overall I have zero complaints with Trifecta and I would recommend the Cruze tune to practically anyone who has the money. 

Link to review
Larzman00

Very happy with the product easy to use and has been used for about a year. I highly recommended this company and will say their costumer service is very helpful ... great price very cool thanks a lot trifecta

Link to review
Scruby

I cannot believe the improvement this tune has had on my Cruze. It was incredibly easy to install with zero issues whatsoever. I would recommend this to anyone who owns a Cruze regardless of wether or not they cared about the extra performance. The gas savings I have received, when I’m not on a spirited drive, has more than covered the cost. My Cruze drives so much smoother than it did before. I no longer struggle to get up to speed on the freeway, or climb up large hills. The performance improvements have been phenomenal. The throttle response is a lot more precise. The acceleration is significantly increased. The shifts are smoother and faster. It’s much easier to break traction if desired. I had read every review on the website and couldn’t believe what everyone was saying until I got it myself. All of the reviews I had read were true. If The tune completely blew me away. If you are on the fence about buying this, don’t wait any longer. You will regret the time you could have had this tune, but decided to wait like I did. Don’t be like me. Do yourself a huge favor and buy it. You will NOT regret it. I would rate this 6/5 stars if I could.

Link to review
Cruze

Wow! I love this tune and it is most certainly the best money I have ever spent on this car. Shifts are lightning fast and with the touch of the cruise control arming switch you can easily and quickly switch between driving modes. You can feel a difference in the power, merging onto the highway is super easy with this tune. Low rpm torque is improved significantly and turbo lag is seriously reduced. The shifts are so smooth it is crazy unless I am watching the rpm change I will not notice when it shifts its so fast its unbelievable. As many others have said "the difference is night and day" and it is most certainly worth the money. I will never return to stock, buy this now and you will thank me later. I drive 25k+ miles every year and this tune has made me LOVE driving this car, its so much fun to drive. Thank you Trifecta!

Link to review
MDTIREY

Customer support was great. The tune overall made the car a little more responsive. Wish that it was a little more then just you get what you get. I'd like to have had a little more to control myself.

Link to review
Crossnick20

Amazing, easy install. Let me just say this. My gas saving 2012 Chevy Cruze eco was 12 seconds 0-60. Simply downloading this tune and adding a K&N cold air intake, I now run 0-60 in just under 8 seconds. Not super fast but it made my vehicle a lot more fun to drive! When you have close to 200 hp and only about 3,000lbs of vehicle that has an extra low profile to the road, you will be more than tempted to take a 40mph off ramp on the expressway at 90mph no problem, if you have good tires. Great product

Link to review
Justin Miller

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I am very happy with my advantage tune, it really wakes the car up.  The throttle feels much more responsive under all conditions and it pulls so much better on the highway without lag.   The shifts on my automatic are much firmer and quicker too.     I have a 2012 with the only mod being the cruzekits v2 pcv fix kit. 

20190301_175400.jpg

Link to review
fjungman

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Adds stupid amounts of power considering there are zero mods to my car!  It drives like a totally different car now, smooth, immediate shifting, and I'm getting well over 30mpg when I was, at best averaging 26.1mpg previously.  You can have your cake and eat it, too!

Link to review
Bryan Acuna

Wow is all I got to say! If your on the fence about this tune DON'T be. The customer service is top notch, they are very prompt about replying to emails and are very helpful with all the questions and concerns you have! Just flashed the car this morning and the difference is night and day! On sport mode the car starts to break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd gear and has so much more acceleration! In stock mode the car is doggy like it was factory. This car will be a lot more fun to drive now, thanks trifecta! Also the only modification to the engine is a aem cold air intake.

IMG954943.jpg

IMG954944.jpg

Link to review
Harris Iqbal

Definitely worth dropping money on this tune. I was definitely skeptical when when deciding for going for a tune, especially because it'd cost me around $450 CDN, but man; the difference this tune makes is incredible! The increase in power is noticeable right away and the car actually pulls really hard, especially from first to third gear. Driving on the highway is a completely new experience and I'm amazed at how responsive the throttle is at highway speeds. A gentle tap makes the car go and I literally never have to floor it to merge or overtake someone. 

In terms of support and service; I ordered the tune from Toronto I got the OBD2-wire in two business days which was faster then I expected. All my questions were answered promptly and I was sent my calibration two days after I sent them my transmission info. I'm definitely very happy with the service I received. 

Overall, this car feels like completely new vehicle, always puts a smile on my face, and Trifectia is a great company to work with. 

Link to review
Hund The Hound

So I learned 2 things tonight after installing the tune, I need new tires AND brakes. I broke the tires at WOT at 30mph on drying pavement and I have never done that on even wet pavement, thank you guys so much the wife will love how easy it is to pass people. Before when we wanted to pass we had to put the car in the "semi-automatic" mode and downshift when we were ready to pass. now hitting the gas it downshifts quickly. 

This feels just as quick as my 2001 Monte Carlo SS but since its lighter it's a bit more squirrely 

Thank you guys very much 

IMG_0149.JPG

Link to review
silverado10191980

I've had my Trifecta Advantage tune in my 2012 Cruze since October of 2015 my car has 136,000 miles on it and over 70,000 has been with the Trifecta tune. I am impressed with the amount of power gain there has been with the tune. No more downshifting up hills , when you give it throttle to pass it gets up and goes. Transmission shifting is faster and at better shift points. If I was to buy another Cruze  this would be the very first thing I would do to it or any car Trifecta tunes. It really makes the car fun to drive you can really feel the power gains,  like when you push the throttle to the floor and run down an on ramp that little 1.4L just giving you all that power it should of from the factory all day long. I am very happy with my purchase and don't regret it one bit ! 

Link to review
Bperry80

I'm gonna be very honest here with my review. If I see a tune that is too good to be true I normally dont buy it, but I had to try the Trifecta tune. I can honestly say I'm very glad I did. The difference between stock and tuned is night and day. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't of tried it. I can say, I wont be returning back to stock anytime soon lol. I love this product and I'll let all of my friends know to get it asap. Thanks Trifecta for giving my Cruze RS some power!!

Link to review
lipweb

I have been driving my eco cruze with this tune for nearly a week now and everyday I am stunned at the difference in pick up. It's like driving a new car. Every gear has power, even 6th gear - which has always felt useless. Now I can pass people in 6th gear. I love this tune. Gas mileage is still great too. It really woke the car up. I will recommend this site to every chevy owner I know!

Link to review
tarheelcruze

My '12 Chevy Cruze LT-RS has now incredible HP and Torque performance thanks to the TRIFECTA TUNE. I would have never believed it, but my son talked me into buying it. I'm more than happy I did! thanks for a supurb product...

Link to review
cyberjawn

Guys the tune works great. Have 2012 Chevy Cruze w/manual transmission with less than 60000 on it, after installing this tune you can tell the difference. A+

Link to review
cgresham72

Just reprogrammed my 2014 chevy cruze, and I have to say I'm impressed! This tune is great! Throttle response and power through the whole rpm range is amazing, as is the shifting of the auto trans. Car was fun to drive before, but now it is even better. Was so easy to install, and the results are way better than I expected. Thank you guys for a great tune!

Link to review
tarheelcruze

I was skeptical at first, but after installation and driving the car. Totally awesome! I would recommend Trifecta anytime..

Link to review
anthony.kelling92

This tune is amazing. The increase in power is night and day. Very easy to install, and the Trifecta support team has been very helpful answering any questions I have had. The only thing that I think would improve this tune, and get that last star, would be if the Trifecta team could improve the lag time on takeoff. It still launches close to stock and I was a little disappointed in that. Overall though, BUY THIS TUNE!

Link to review
cruzer15

This is a good tune as the car runs better than stock but transmission doesn't seem to downshift as smooth when stopping as I would like. The stock tune downshifts smooth since I changed tanny fluid, but DOES NOT run as well as the Trifecta tune. Tranny shifts could use a little tweak.

Link to review
erstadw

With all the great reviews i decided to purchase the advantage tune. Got the ezlink cable in about a week and the calibration file was sent a day aftere that. Installation was very easy and only took about 20 minutes. Very impressed with how much it boosted power output. I can definitely feel the difference. I really like how you can toggle from eco and sport anytime you want via the cruise control on/off switch. Like others have said, As far as performance upgrades go its the best bang for your buck. Did contact Michael in customer service for a few questions and he was very helpful and responded to my e-mails quickly.

-Wade E

Bloomington, MN

Link to review
ssperez2006

Let me tell you this tune is like night and day. Very very easy to install and use. I love how you can activate the tune with the cruise control on and off button. Its a good way to tell the difference in power. With this tune I noticed there is no more turbo lag and the transmission shifts awesome. Like I said from a dead stop and the tune is deactivated you can stomp on the pedal and really nothing happens especially no tire chirping. Once you activate that tune and from a dead stop the tires definitely start chirping. It is really awesome and I would recommend this tune for any one looking. This car is my daily driver and probably put 25000 miles a year on it. I was just looking for a little extra and I got that and more.Thanks to Michael for going back and forth with me. He answered all my questions I had. Once again thanks. Maybe one day I will put on more bolt ons and would love to see what tuning can be done from you guys. A++++ 5 BIG STARS!!

Link to review
ronald0109

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

I love the tune. This tune makes the car more responsive. And the extra power helps around town. And with the biggest problem. When the AC is on the car was way under powered. It will never be a fast car.The transmission still learns your driving habit. And will hold a gear a little longer then stock. But in manual mode. The car get up to highway speeds faster. But this is the car Chevy should have made. I have had the tune for about a year. And have had not a single problem. With the tune or my car. I would recommend Trifecta to everyone. Love their products.

Ron

Link to review
David Muchmore

I can't improve on the posts below. . . except to say that my non-technical wife loves her "new" car!!  Both of us notice the differences.  And the lowering of the water temp to 205 before the fan kicks in along with a modified thermostat to open at 185 (I couldn't find one for 195) has gotten rid of a pesky issue with the "High Temp AC OFF" error message.  I'm thrilled!!

Link to review
Jim W.

The tune woke my Cruze right up! It's more responsive, smoother shifting, and just more enjoyable to drive. And the performance mode (using the cruise control button) is super cool, it turns the car into a sportscar. I highly recommend this tune if you have a Chevy Cruze and want to enjoy driving it a lot more.

Link to review