Click or hover over image to zoom in

2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu - 2.0L Turbo - Advantage

(18 reviews)
$529.00
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo MY2013--2015 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming
TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2013--2015 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an EZ Flash cable device that will yield specific power increases of up to +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of up to +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2014.

The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo includes a TRIFECTA EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U).

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013--2015 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:
Specific power increases of up to +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of up to +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP on 91 octane) Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality Long term cumulative mileage testing, extended high load dyno testing. Power feels linear and immediately responsive Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions, the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset is available when flashing your vehicle. The TRIFECTA Transparency featureset may help protect against dealerships looking for reasons to evade performing legitimate repairs under the factory powertrain warranty. Return to stock functionality included with EZ Flash cable and software
Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:
Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns Improved shift logic Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles
Installation Notes:
Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required  
Additional information and availability:
This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U) Advertised gains are quoted as 'up to' and may be less for a vehicle operated at altitudes higher than near sea level.  
TRIFECTA Advantage:
If your vehicle is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our TRIFECTA Advantage calibration. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Read more...

Need help? Have a question for us?

Contact Us

• 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number.

Must be exactly 17 digits, 9th digit must be 0--9 or 'X', and cannot contain characters 'I', 'O', or 'Q'.

We recommend acquiring the VIN directly from the vehicle's VIN Plaque on the dash, or the certification label in the door jamb since insurance and service documents are sometimes incorrect.

• Please contact support prior to purchasing if you have any questions: Contact Us

• Support is not officially provided for aftermarket hardware with this calibration, however many hardware components which would normally work without any specific adjustment on the factory calibration may be automatically compatible.

Examples include:

-Most Exhaust components

-Recirculated turbo bypass valves

-Most brand name intakes (ONLY with any included resonator/venturi designed to prevent the intake from setting any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes).

If you are not sure whether your hardware is compatible with TRIFECTA Advantage, please Contact Us for assistance!

About 2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu - 2.0L Turbo - Advantage

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo MY2013--2015 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2013--2015 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an EZ Flash cable device that will yield specific power increases of up to +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of up to +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2014.

The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo includes a TRIFECTA EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U).

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013--2015 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:

• Specific power increases of up to +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of up to +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP on 91 octane)
  • Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
  • Long term cumulative mileage testing, extended high load dyno testing.
  • Power feels linear and immediately responsive
  • Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
  • Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
  • Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
  • Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
  • Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
  • With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions, the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset is available when flashing your vehicle. The TRIFECTA Transparency featureset may help protect against dealerships looking for reasons to evade performing legitimate repairs under the factory powertrain warranty.
  • Return to stock functionality included with EZ Flash cable and software

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

• Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
  • Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
  • Improved shift logic
  • Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
  • Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
  • Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
  • Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

• Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
  • Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required

Additional information and availability:

• This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U)
  • Advertised gains are quoted as 'up to' and may be less for a vehicle operated at altitudes higher than near sea level.

TRIFECTA Advantage:

If your vehicle is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our TRIFECTA Advantage calibration. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Shipping Options

Shipping options and prices may vary depending on the total value of your order. Your final shipping price will be determined at checkout.

Options shown are based on your estimated location.

• $20.00 - Ground (1-5 days)
  • $65.00 - 2nd Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (2 business days)
  • $115.00 - Next Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (1 business day)
  • FREE - I already own a Black TRIFECTA EZ Flash cable. (Cable must have TRIFECTA logo sticker. Black Cable ONLY. )

Shipping Size

• Size
    8.69 in × 5.44 in × 1.75 in
  • Weight
    1 lb

Robzombie

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I've been running this tune on my 2013 Malibu LTZ for over 4 years now.  From the moment I installed it I noticed a huge difference in power and responsiveness.  If you want your car to perform the way it should have from the factory then install this tune and you'll love your car so much more.  I had to upgrade my tires to control wheelspin, but that's a good problem to have.  Any future vehicle I buy will get Trifecta tuned, very impressive.

IMG_20160823_121317 (1).jpg

Link to review
Grant Huskelhus

All I can say is WOW!!! I thought my Malibu LTZ 2.0t had good power before, now after my car got Trifectafied it's like a totally different car. Was skeptical at first as I always am with programming but this is the real deal. My car is now a fire breathing beast love the trans shifting, before it felt lazy but not anymore this is very fun to drive now would recommend to anyone 

Link to review
A Moll

I've been running this tune in my 2014 2.0L turbo Malibu LTZ for about 3 months now. It is a great tune! Probably the best I've ever had done on any car I've owned. I just drove a 2.0L turbo Buick GS yesterday and now I really see the difference. Now that I'm use to the tune, a car without it just doesn't cut it. Great job Trifecta!

Link to review
Treefork

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

LOVE IT.  The car was already fun to drive, but now it’s even better. I’m used to pickup trucks and suvs, but I purchased a 2013 LTZ 2.0, specifically wanting that engine because I knew it was tuneable.  Specifically looking at Trifectas tune because it keeps the engine power within the limits of the transmission while still providing a quick fun vehicle.  This tune, makes this feel like it looks, sporty, fast and handles great.  The only problem I have is keeping my speed under control.  You find yourself flying if you hit wide open throttle even for just a second.   It sure is fun to take off from a light now too.  Still getting used to the wheel spin, even if I gas on it from 30mph it will squeal the tires from a moving take off.

Link to review
Chiefjimbo

First off before the tune ever went on the team found that my 13 2.0t Malibu was missing an ECU update which caused a catastrophic engine failure at 71K miles. Glad now to have that update complete and not have to worry about that failure. The calibration was very easy to download from the site and upload to the car and the difference in the car is AMAZING!! Never expected those kinds of results from a little 2.0t. Great work!😍 

Link to review
M7mdhariri

I am really impressed with the results , great throttle response, acceleration is improved , the transmission downshifts much faster ,no errors . 

Link to review
Tom Pattinson

I purchased my 2014 Malibu in September 2018 because I love the styling of the LTZ. I Found this site online through a Malibu Turbo forum site.  Didn't think it was a real upgrade until I ordered and installed it.

This tune has awoken my Malibu, it was pretty quick before when I bought it, but now its amazing the difference in power.  I drive 65 miles daily to/from work on the highway and can easily pass anyone I need to when I punch the throttle.  I am very happy with this upgrade.  It was very easy to download and program the car.  I am a believer now!  Thanks Trifecta!

Link to review
D_stroyer

I have run this tune for almost a year now, I have been nothing but happy. I thought my car was fast before, but I had no idea what was hiding inside that 2.0L engine. The biggest problem, is trying to keep my right foot from crushing the carpet. Seriously, there is no better bang for your buck than Trifecta.

Link to review
mekulhanek

I always knew my 2015 Malibu Turbo had potential, if only it could overcome horrible turbo lag and poorly aligned shift points. So I installed the Trifecta Advantage and proved it! I just use it for commuting but now it feels alive and is totally fun to drive.

Link to review
leatheb53

Fantastic product! Throttle response is much MUCH better! Car pulls hard, shifts smoothly, and my fuel mileage has improved! Thank you Trifecta!

Link to review
Shaun Kraus

This tuner is what it claims to be, love it!

Link to review
aaronhabig

This is wonderful. It made the car 100% better. 0-60 about 1 sec faster, but Really noticeable 55-80. car was always dull passing. Now I can defiantly feel the power. Shift points are perfect and the increase in the redline makes the engine sound awesome. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! AAron

Link to review
Fran6sQc

1st: Fast shipping

2nd: Easy to install

3rd: Really impressive!

The product is really impressive and powerful. If you think than your stock 2.0T is faster, with the trifecta tune your car is a rocket! I love Trifecta Performance. Thank you very much!

Link to review
ChevelleMan

Purchased tune in May of 2015. It turned my already healthy running Malibu 2.0T into a wheel smoking, fire breathing monster! Seriously it made a huge difference in horsepower, torque and about an additional 4mpg highway. In the last 18 months I have thoroughly enjoyed driving the Malibu. My wife still can't understand why the car runs so strong, and still gets 42mpg highway. It the best of both worlds. Way to go guys!

Link to review
Eddie Rivera

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

ordered the tune for my 2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2LZ very skeptical, but oh boy let me tell you this is probably one of the best purchases i’ve made for this car other than putting gas in it lol, came in about 4-5 days from purchasing and I couldn’t be happier, my car is super responsive now and i can definitely feel the power difference between stock and the tune it probable knocked a whole second or 2 off my 0-60 time i think now i’m sitting around the 5 sec mark if not lower once i get used to launching this thing because all it wants to do is spin spin spin i can also tell that my transmission shifts a lot quicker now and it’s super quick compared to stock. i even did a 25 roll while break boosting and my tires spin from 25 to about 45 which is insane for a lil 2.0 4 cyl turbo but other wise i’m super happy with the tune and I can’t wait to play around with it some more!

09D502A9-0B74-437C-BDD2-E399346111F3.jpeg

Link to review
Marcos Andres

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Best company I've ever dealt with hands down. The tune is amazing such a difference in so many ways, these guys are geniuses they have solved every flaw that I felt from the factory tune and it feels like I am driving a completely different car! For a stock tune I don't think it can get better than this and it feels safe and smooth. Delivery of product was very quick and their support team is amazing and respond in a timely manner. I highly recommend Trifecta you won't be disappointed!IMG_2291.thumb.JPG.5f23a1ff6d14572aa63cfec3204e41da.JPG

Link to review
DGS

I purchased this tune for my 2013 Malibu LTZ. The performance is excellent and the shifting issues were corrected. I run 93 octane in the vehicle. If you don't run 93 you will notice and day and night difference in performance. The vehicle loves to cruise at 80 mph and the boost from this speed to 125 or so is amazing. The vehicle will out perform many vehicles on the road and many are shocked when you beat them on the launch and leave them behind or from a highway cruise. The mileage is improved. At steady 75 mph I get 28.5 avg. and at 85 I get 24.5. Note the lambda wideband readings from my AEM gage - perfect. I had an issues with torque steer, so I added the UR Racing strut bars front and rear. Now the vehicle is bullet straight. This vehicle smokes for what it is. I would not hesitate to purchase this tune or any Trifecta Tune. The customer response is excellent. Also note the lambda wideband readings from my AEM gage - perfect.

20160604_162657.jpg

20191116_053236.jpg

20191120_192752.jpg

11081.jpeg

11108.jpeg

11089.jpeg

Link to review
dcortez87

I know this is early (just installed this morning) but; after driving almost 100 miles on it already, I must say holy shizballs. I need to relearn how to use the accelerator. Previous 0-60 was around 8-10 seconds, now under or just at 5 seconds. Barely push the gas from taking off and you are doing 40 without realizing it. 

10/10, would definitely recommend. 

Now for the downside. My only complaint is with the downshift not being as responsive as I would have thought, but it is a hell of a lot better than stock. 

Link to review